Saturday, June 30, 2007

Serendipity

Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. I’m fortunate to have many opportunities for serendipity and to discover the joys and wonders of people, places, and things that oft are better than what I was seeking. Serendipity is one of my guiding principles… to better be in the moment and see, really see, what and who, is around me in that moment. The greater joy is indeed often in the random discovery. Oddly impatience seems to be both a barrier and enabler of serendipity… impatience provoking me to discovery with impatience simultaneously not giving me the pause necessary for discovery.

Thus ends my first month of blogging here… I hope to do more and collect more professional as well as personal thoughts storing them here as a place to share with myself in the future and others who may via ‘serendipity ‘ find some utility here.

No comments: